National Trust logo

The 19th century stable yard

The 19th century stable yard
NTPL Zoë Colbeck

Tuesday 21 August 2012

And it's goodbye from me...

...me being Zoë Adams, the Community Projects Manager for the project. My job involved setting up the Livinggreen exhibition centre, writing the exhibitions and the guidebook, running various events and activities and recruiting the volunteers. The funded part of the project is coming to an end, so I'm off to pastures new (namely the Natural History Museum in London).

Well, the last two years have flown by, and what a transformation it's been! I can remember arriving on my first day back in August 2010, looking at the project plan and wondering how we'd manage to do everything that we had set out to do.

It's hard to believe that the exhibition used to look like this! (c) NTPL

Looking at it today though, I think we've done a pretty good job. As I write, I can hear people outside enjoying the stable yard - we've had more than 24,000 visitors so far which is a great achievement.

What a tranformation! (c) NTPL / Louis Sinclair

Here are a few memories...

Best moment...
Has to be when the stable yard opened to the public for the first time. Watching the ribbon being cut and welcoming visitors to something that we'd worked so hard to create was pretty special. I've also enjoyed watching the volunteers grow as a team and make the project their own.


The Greensleeves Morris Men dancing at the grand opening. (c) NTPL

Worst moment...
Probably the day before the opening! Also the morning of the opening when I arrived to find that my first temporary exhibition had fallen down over night.
What I'll miss most...
Caroline (Project Coordinator) and the volunteers. We've worked hard, laughed a lot and enjoyed a few too many custard tarts along the way. The team here are fantastic and I'm sure that the Livinggreen Centre will continue to be a roaring success. I've also enjoyed the stable yard ice cream parlour a little too much in the hot weather.

So, all that's left for me to say is goodbye, thank you for reading, and wish good and green luck to Morden Hall Park for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment